Just to forewarn you all, I've started another phase in my cooking. That phase is making all different types of cheesecake, trying different filling recipes, trying different flavors, and experimenting with different crusts. So, don't be surprised if my next several posts are cheesecake in nature.
Below is a recipe card, click on it for to save or print it.
Make sure to fully read through this recipe so that you know what all of the steps are before you make it. Below are a few tips and things to remember when you make it.
- You can make the glaze ahead of time. You can freeze the glaze and the filling and then thaw it when you're ready to make it. The rest of the recipe (crust, whipped cream, and ganache) need to be made at the appropriate part of the preparation.
- Don't refrigerate the ganache, thawing it or melting it again is a pain and it never turns out as well.
- Make sure that the cheesecake is set before you add the ganache, otherwise the ganache can collapse a wobbly cheesecake.
- Make sure the ganache is set before you add the glaze.
- As you'll see in later posts, you can substitute just about any fruit for mango.
- If you want to top the whipped cream with fruit, set the fruit aside ahead of time.
- If you want to make your whipped cream ahead of time you should just buy pre-made whipped cream. It doesn't taste as good, but it's less stressful to make.